Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

Blueberry Zucchini Muffins from Closet Cooking recipe


A coworker gifted me with a lovely homegrown zucchini from his garden, which was just a bit too big for eating straight in my opinion. So, I of course went looking for zucchini bread recipes and found this one on Closet Cooking.
It looked tasty and colorful, and I happened to have blueberries sitting my freezer just waiting to be used. This turned out to be delicious! I adapted the recipe to make muffins instead of a loaf since I was in a hurry to get to class, I didn’t have time to wait a whole hour for my project to cook. They came out well after about 45 minutes of baking. They were very moist, in fact I refrigerated them in fear that they would mold on my countertop; they kept very well in the fridge for the few days they lasted. They even withstood freezing decently though they were better from the fridge, so I would recommend eating them right away if you can.

I ended up cracking my own walnuts as it turned out I didn't have already processed ones on hand!
Recipe:
Made 12 muffins in a standard muffin pan for me.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups zucchini (grated, squeezed and drained)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (rather than measure I threw in a whole 6oz. single serve cup)
1 egg
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped) original called for pecans


Directions:
1. Mix the zucchini, sugar, oil, yogurt and egg in a bowl.
2. Mix the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
4. Mix in the blueberries and walnuts.
5. Pour the batter into a greased muffin pan.
6. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 40-50 minutes.
7. Eat and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment