This served quite well on achieved the objectives. The perishables involved were heirloom tomatoes from
- 1 ½ cups dry pasta (a small shape works well, I used wheels)
- ~¼ lb mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
- ~1lb tomatoes diced (I used one small and one large heirloom from our CSA box)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 Tsp GIA pesto concentrate
Note: Whatever pesto you have on hand should work all right, this is what we had.
- Cook pasta as instructed on the package.
- While your pasta cooks, dice tomatoes and mozzarella combine in a medium bowl.
- Combine pesto concentrate with oil, pour over, tomatoes and cheese (if using premixed pesto just scoop it in).
- Add drained pasta to bowl and stir to combine. I let it sit stirring occasionally to combine the flavors and bring the pasta down to room temperature, because it was warm and I didn’t want hot pasta. ;)
- Makes three cereal bowls of pasta, which fed two of us. (Boy was hungry!)