|Plum mixture, Yum!|
• ¾ cup plus 2 tbsp clover honey
• ~2lbs. fresh plums, seeds and stems removed and sliced and diced
• 2 Tbsp cornstarch
• ½ Tsp plus a pinch of ground cinnamon
• ¼ Tsp ground ginger
• 1 cup all purpose flour
• 1 ½ Tbsp almond meal
• 1 ½ Tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ cup butter
• ¼ cup milk
• 1 egg slightly beaten
• 1 Tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a large bowl stir together plums, cornstarch, ¾ cup honey, ½ tsp of cinnamon, ginger until combined. Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish (I used a 9 inch circular cake pan and it turned out fine, so what ever you have on hand that won’t overflow is probably fine.)
3. In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, almond meal, pinch of cinnamon, baking powder and salt (I forgot the salt, don’t do that! It works but the biscuit would be better with salt). Cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. (This is easier if your butter is slightly softer than fresh out of the fridge.) Stir in milk, vanilla and egg until batter is moistened.
4. Drop batter over the fruit. Try to spread it out over the majority of the fruit. Bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
5. Take out of oven and dig in! Good with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
6. Serves 6 depending on how hungry you are. We were hungry as you can see!